|[ Source ]|
During the Dark Crusade, the Dark Council saw fit to award the members of the Dark Brotherhood with a badge of honor for the exceptionally grueling campaign that consumed almost two full years of the Brotherhood's war effort. These awards were not awarded for merit but, as many militaries across the Galaxy also do, were recognition for military service in the various campaigns undertaken by Clans and Houses. These campaign ribbons were then presented in a case for every member who wished to show them as a symbol of pride for their participation across a number of different planets, culminating in the final showdown that was the Eleventh Great Jedi War on Korriban.
Each ribbon is a representation of the terrain of the planet and the Unit that claimed victory on the planet through the colors used on the ribbon. Taldryan, for instance, is represented by a stone gray, as is their Clan color. Their victory on the rocky desert planet Krayiss II is further shown through the use of orange and brown. These ribbons are presented in a duranium case that is lined with zeyd-cloth which comes in the bearer's choice of red, blue, yellow, green, teal or purple.
To further show dominance and prestige for the efforts of members of various Clans and Houses, Laurels in Gold, Silver and Bronze are awarded to those skillful enough to have earned Novae on those respective planets - this Laurel is given for the highest tiered Nova they win on that planet. In addition, those who fought across a variety of battlefields and events receive Diamond Clusters for their efforts; those who fought in more than half of their unit's battles on each planet receive Diamond Clusters and those who fought in all of the available battles receive Twin Diamond Clusters. Those who were at least present for the battle earn the ribbon with no decorations.
Notes: For the Fading Light ribbon, this is measured in chapters and not individual competitions; recognized participation in two chapters makes a member eligible for Diamond Clusters and recognized participation of any kind in all three chapters makes a member eligible for Twin Diamond Clusters. This is due to the disparity of difficulty between the chapters.
Due to the official Dark Crusade tracker only noting the last unit a member was in during the Crusade, members will by default receive the ribbons of the unit they were with at the end of the Dark Crusade.
- The Nfolgai ribbon is awarded to members of Plagueis, Naga Sadow, Scholae Palatinae and Tarentum.
- The Krayiss II ribbon is awarded to members of Taldryan, Arcona and Odan-Urr
- The Rhelg ribbon is awarded to members of Arcona, Taldryan and Scholae Palatinae.
- The Khar Delba ribbon is awarded to members of Plagueis, Naga Sadow, Odan-Urr and Tarentum.
- The Bhargebba ribbon is awarded to members of Arcona, Scholae Palatinae and Odan-Urr.
- The Ch'hodos ribbon is awarded to members of Plagueis, Taldryan, Naga Sadow and Tarentum.
- The Athiss ribbon is awarded to members of Plagueis and Naga Sadow.
- The Svolten ribbon is awarded to members of Arcona and Odan-Urr.
- The Ashas Ree ribbon is awarded to members of Taldryan, Tarentum and Scholae Palatinae.
- The Korriz ribbon is awarded to members of Scholae Palatinae and Naga Sadow.
- The Jaguada ribbon is awarded to members of Taldryan and Odan-Urr.
- The Kalsunor ribbon is awarded to members of Plagueis, Arcona and Tarentum.
- The Ziost ribbon is awarded to members of Plagueis, Arcona, Naga Sadow and Tarentum.
- The Dromund Kaas ribbon is awarded to members of Taldryan, Odan-Urr and Scholae.
- The Fading Light and Korriban ribbons are awarded to members of all units.