- 1 Government and Politics
- 2 Military
- 3 Astrography
- 4 Force Powers
- 5 Possessions
- 6 Allies and Enemies
- 7 Typical Actions/Reactions
Government and Politics
Once Taldryan arrived in the Kr'Tal System they established relationships with the populations on all inhabited planets. Accords were made and the Clan took up government of the system, thereby providing security and enhancing future development for the inhabitants and at the same time finding a home for the Clan. The government setup was a form of Military Dictatorship with the system being ruled by a Regent (Consul of Taldryan) and a Deputy (Proconsul of Taldryan). The Regent designates Planetary Viceroys for each of the planets in the system. These figures have control of all Clan forces on the planet and orbiting moons they govern.
The Clan is seen by the general public more as a military force that are guardians of their worlds, providing security and many other resources through its connections with TEAD (Textiles, Electronics, Agriculture, and Development) Technologies.
The Executive Branch of Taldryan takes on roles of all branches of government due to its government structure, but three branches officially exist for a better public face. All officials and departments are set up by the sitting Consul, all subject to appointment and removal by Clan leadership at any time. The Summit can realistically use any government power it wishes, from making laws to enforcing them.
- Regent of Kr'Tal: Seraine "Erinyes" Ténama
- Vice-Regent of Kr'Tal: Zxyl Venzos
- Army Service: Surface Marshall Travik Korr
- Naval Navy: Fleet Commander Tak Vordin
- Intelligence Service: Vodo Biask Taldrya
- Magistrate General: Justice TBA
The Legislative Branch of Taldryan has very limited power - as the Executive Branch can override them - but since the selection of legislators is more or less done by the Summit, the branches don't typically see open conflict. The Taldryan Conclave only meets a few times a year to discuss the status of the Clan and the Caelus System, as well as to propose any changes they may have to the Executive Branch.
- Sons & Daughters of Taldryan
- Quaestors and Aediles
- Few select other members chosen by the Conclave and acting Consul.
The Judicial Branch of Taldryan oversaw cases brought by the citizens of the Kr'Tal System. Due to the nature of the governing arrangement with the citizens of the Caelus System Justice is handled through their own, native court system while members of the Clan are still subject to Taldryan Laws.
- Main article: Taldryan Expansionary Force
The Taldryan Armed Forces comprise the Navy, which includes both a Starfighter Corps and a Marine Corps, and the Army. They are commanded by the Consul of the Clan and have their own independent organization and rank structure from the Clan. Officers of the Armed Forces take their orders from their superiors and not from Clan Members though it is not uncommon that specifically trained and sanctioned members take part in military operations and lead special forces teams. Drawn from the Caelus System and recruitment operations around the Galaxy the Taldryan Expansionary forces are made up aliens and beings from a variety of worlds though the duty language is Galactic Basic.
- Main article: Taldryan Army
The Taldryan Army Service is comprised of the Clan's ground forces and includes soldiers, special forces, and military-grade vehicles. For the most part, Taldryan's Army serves as a mobile infantry corps carried to battle aboard one of the many ships in the fleet to meet the enemy head-to-head on a planet's surface. The Army is equipped and trained to combat a variety of foes on a number of worlds, operate in almost any environment, and trained to undertake any mission.
- Main article: Taldryan Navy
The Taldryan Navy has a distinguished history. As the single most powerful, numerous, and battle seasoned navy among the Clans of the Brotherhood it stands second only to the Iron Throne Navy. Taldryan naval ships have participated in every Great Jedi War, Rite of Supremacy, Clan Feud and Vendetta, and are the most visible part of Taldryan's power projection capabilities. It is a Navy blending the best ideologies of both the Galactic Empire and the Rebel Alliance-- Big gun battleships backed by versatile, survivable starfighters. The Starfighter Corps considers itself to be the elite branch of the Taldryan Expansionary Forces and many of the Fleet's officers begin their careers behind the yoke of an X-Wing or TIE Defender.
When the Taldryan Dominion consisted of two full planetary systems and the planet Merach the Taldryan Navy was capable of patrolling and defending everything. Though reduced in size and the scale of their mission peeled back the Navy still represents the best qualities of Taldryan's martial prowess.
- Main article: Office of Secret Intelligence
The Office of Secret Intelligence is the Clan's intelligence gathering and counter-intel apparatus charged with providing the Consul the very best up-to-date information. Under the directorship of Vodo Biask Taldrya it was firmly established in 36 ABY in the Caelus System and quickly set to work normalizing realtions between the native population and the Clan.
- Main article: Taldryan Military Ranks
The rank progression for all branches of the Taldryan Expansionary Force can be found on the Taldryan Military Ranks page.
Taldryan was previously in control of three different star systems. All provided the essential needs to keep the Clan thriving and powerful. Kr'Tal was Taldryan's home system, while Rybanloth was largely a secret retreat and financial resource, and Merach was a hidden gem in the darkness of uncharted space. All were abandoned after the Justicar's surprise attacks.
- Main article: Kr'Tal System
The Kr'Tal System was conquered by Taldryan shortly after the migration from their former system, Karana. The system's inhabitants were relatively undefended and unprepared to repel the powerful Dark Jedi invaders and soon acquiesced to Taldryan's rule. After time relations began to grow more naturally, with both counting on the other for different reasons. Kr'Tal is located in the Expansion Region just outside the Inner Rim.
- Main article: Rybanloth System
The Rybanloth System, was awarded to Taldryan as the prize for First Clan in the Rite of Supremacy Second Darkness. The system is relatively small, having only four orbiting bodies, but is reputed to be tainted with the Dark Side and home to many secrets waiting to be uncovered. It lies near the Subterrel sector in the Outer Rim Territories.
- Main article: Merach
Merach is an inhospitable planet that is rather rich in mineral wealth. Taldryan won this planet through its victory in the Seven Day War, a skirmish between the Houses of the Brotherhood over who would retain rights to the rich deposits on the planet's surface. The planet is in the Moroketh System right in the Wild Space region of space.
- Main article: Taldryan Powers
Shortly after the Ninth Great Jedi War, the old Force Powers system was dissolved. Taldryan's specialization, Elementalism, became obsolete. Based on the standings in the Great Jedi War, each Clan was permitted to chose two powers (from a pool of twelve) in the order on which the placed. Taldryan, having placed second, was one of the first of the Clans to choose their new school of powers. The leaders of Taldryan communed, and it was decided; the Summit had selected the powers Phase and Cyrokinesis. Phase allows one to pass through solid objects (such as cloth, wood, and even steel/walls) without disturbing the molecular breakdown of the object. Cyrokinesis allows a Jedi to rapidly decrease the temperature of an object, person, or room, and with training allows you to freeze something to the point where it is coated in a sheet of ice.
This system too was scrapped after the roll out of the 2nd Generation Character Sheets.
Taldryan over time has collected a vast assortment of artifacts and other such possessions that add to its prestige and power.
Rites & Deeds
Crystals, Medallions, Etc.
- Taku Matsuki Taldrya's Lightsaber
- Ateliuc Blade
- Obtene Crystal Sword
- The First Sword of Shadows
- The Second Sword of Shadows
- Sword of the Avenger
- Banner of Ice
Allies and Enemies
Taldryan currently holds no official alliances with any of the Clans in the Brotherhood, nor does Taldryan have any future plans for an alliance. To many, the other Clans are seen as inferior next to the might of Taldryan and there would be no benefit for the Clan to ally. None can match our strength in military, nor the dedication found in our membership.
Neither enemy nor ally, Taldryan has a different relationship with neutral Clans. Ever suspicious and distrustful, Taldryan views neutrality as a lack of immediate conflict. As long as they remain non-threatening to Taldryan interests, the Clan chooses not to provoke them.
- Naga Sadow - Pompous and overconfident, Naga Sadow has always nipped at the heels of Taldryan's greatness. The bitter rivalry between the two Clans formed ages ago and reached a climax during the Sixth Great Jedi War. Since that time the Clans formed a brief alliance with the threat of the Yuuzhan Vong being greater their the rivalry. The alliance shortly fail and conflict returns as the Battle of Antei struck. Following the Incursion the Clan has decided to stay on neutral terms with them.
- Plagueis - While Plagueis has been seen as an enemy since their inception, the Summit now takes a neutral position. Many still see Plagueis as the weakest and most pathetic Clan in the Brotherhood.
Taldryan has become one of the most feared and hated Clans of the Brotherhood due to its near-flawless record of victories in major wars. Because of this the enemies of Taldryan are numerous, though most are too cowardly to admit to open hostility. Regardless of this, certain Clans have managed to earn the wrath of Taldryan.
- Arcona - Arcona was long thought of as Taldryan's biggest rivals, but during the reign of Halcyon Taldrya relations between the two Clans took a turn for the better. They have since been through several new leaders and have continued to revert to enemy status.
- Scholae Palatinae - Scholae Palatinae is seen as little more than an annoyance that needs to be ended in the most brutal of fashions. Past and current leaders of the Clan have strengthened Taldryan's belief that they should simply be wiped off the face of the galaxy. In more recent times they have shown signs of growth, daring to even battle Taldryan in conflict. This has served to further Taldryan's desires for their destruction.
- Tarentum - For years Tarentum was considered an enemy Clan, but the two found a common enemy in Scholae Palatinae. It wasn't enough to bring the Clans together as allies, though they did manage to declare dual neutrality. After the blatant assault on Taldryan during the Vong Incursion, the Summit considers Tarentum a hostile entity.
Taldryan carries the motto of the Brotherhood within a Brotherhood. This holds true in all they do, safeguarding the Kr'Tal System and its boundaries from unwanted guests. Normally the Clan's first interest is increasing its many assets, but they spend an equal amount of time securing their current holdings, as well as maintaining a strong sense of Clan unity. When provoked their actions are swift and vicious, always with the entire strength of the Clan behind any action taken.
Taldryan has always had a strong sense of loyalty towards the Dark Brotherhood, more so since they participated in the Exodus that separated them from the tyranny of the Empire's Hammer. While Taldryan would never follow blindly, there is a bond between Clan and Brotherhood due to having had many prominent members serve in various positions on the Dark Council, including the seat of Grand Master. When other Clans rebel, Taldryan is usually the first to stand up for the unity of the Brotherhood - whatever the cost.