Welcome to the Dark Jedi Brotherhood Fiction Center. Here you will find links to the various pages and documents that will help both new and returning members with getting caught up with the Brotherhood's current storyline. You will also find summaries and recaps of previous and current storylines and fiction updates.
- The current DB fictional year is 36 ABY.
- The Brotherhoods home rests in the Arx System. (Antei was destroyed and the Dark Council relocated).
- To learn more about the Fiction Society, check out the Inquisitorius page on the Wiki.
- To expand your knowledge on the Brotherhood's fiction systems, check out the Voice Staff Resources Hub. This includes links to resources and documentation that covers the Character Sheet System, Competition Guidelines, Telegram Fiction Chat, a catalog of previous Voice and Combat Master Reports, and answers to the most frequently asked questions.
- Curious about what the difference between a Gray, Light, and Dark "Path" is? Check out the Path System!
- Curious about the current orders available for selection? Check out Orders of the Brotherhood!
- To join the ongoing discussion on original characters and fiction, check out our Fiction Chat channel on Telegram.
Previous Storyline: Fictional Recap
A detailed view of the Brotherhood's previous storylines can all be found on the Fiction Updates: Story Arcs page.
- The previous Story Arc – The New Order – can be found here
- The previous Story Arc – GJWXII: Retribution – can be found here.
Current Storyline: Fictional Recap
- "Following the Twelfth Great Jedi War and the Battle for Nancora, Darth Pravus's departure from the Brotherhood left more questions than answers hanging in the air. How would Grand Master Telaris Cantor's reign differ from Pravus' New Order, and how much would remain unchanged? Whatever the answers might be, the War taught us one harsh lesson: the Brotherhood is not as safe or secure as we once believed it. With only six clans remaining, The Collective have shown themselves to be a true threat. Even with their defeat, they do not seem deterred from their pursuit of purging the Brotherhood from the Galaxy. We will not win this fight alone or divided. As my duty as Master Archivist comes to and end, however, the rest of this story will fall to the next Headmaster. May the Force guide us forward into a stronger Brotherhood. "
- ―Farrin Xies, Headmaster Emeritus, 36 ABY
- A gathering of bureaucrats, nobles, merchants, and dignitaries is being hosted at the Dark Ascent on Arx.
- In private, Grand Master Pravus reveals that he is stepping away from the throne.
- Deputy Grand Master Telaris is told that his time has come. Long may he reign.
- Back at the gathering, the various leadership representatives of the Clans are present: with the exception of Odan Urr.
- Telaris appears where Pravus should be, shocking many of the gathered to different degrees.
- Telaris is the new Grand Master, and he says that in order to reforge the Brotherhood in the face of the threat that is the Collective, the Brotherhood needs to be unified.
- Telaris states that the Council will continue to bolster and support the Clans territories.
- Jac Cotelin has been replaced as Justicar by Dacien Victae diPlagia.
- Selika Roh has become the new Herald.
- Morgan Sorenn has become the new Deputy Grand Master.
- Later: It is revealed that a Collective spy was able to record the exchange and share it with the Collective leadership.
- Ghafa and Daggo argue over their mixed success and failures against the Brotherhood so far.
- Rath quiets them, and admits to not predicting that Pravus would just walk away from everything.
- Rath resolves that this will not stop him from achieving his goals. The Collective will not stop until the Brotherhood is eradicated from the face of the Galaxy.
Fiction Update Summaries
The following section will provide links to the relevant news posts that launched each fiction update, as well as synopses for The Collective story arc.
Timeline: Fiction Updates
To get caught up on the latest brotherhood storyline, check out the fiction updates below. The Dark Crusade is the beginning of the contemporary storyline, so we begin there.
To see the different arcs, see the Fiction Updates: Story Arcs.
|30 ABY||Dark Crusade|
|31 ABY||Fading Light|
|32 ABY||Eleventh Great Jedi War||Finale|
|33 ABY||The New Order|| Prologue: Undesirables|
Chapter 1: A New Order
Chapter 2: Treason
|34 ABY||—|| Anthology series:|
Part 1 - No Return
Part 2 - Rise of the Lotus
Part 3 - Seven Strands
|35 ABY||—|| Chapter 3: Reconciliation|
Chapter 4: Order
Chapter 5: Endgame
|Twelfth Great Jedi War: Retribution|| Prologue: The Collective|
Chapter 1: Vengeance
Chapter 2: Impetus
Chapter 3: War
Chapter 4: Strike
Chapter 5: Riposte
Chapter 6: Finale
Chapter 7: Epilogue
|36 ABY||The Collective|| Prologue|
For the complete timeline, please see the Dark Jedi Brotherhood Timeline article.
Official Fiction Updates for both the Dark Jedi Brotherhood and the independent Clans can be found here in the Inquisitorius Fiction Archives.
To check out the Dark Jedi Brotherhood Comics that were made click here!
Databank: Brotherhood Universe
The following data bank provides a quick reference to information about persons, locations, and organizations of interest that show up in the Dark Brotherhood storyline.
|The Collective||The Collective is a powerful organization that has chosen the recent events of the conflict between the Brotherhood’s Resistance and the Iron Throne to make its presence and purpose known.|
|Inquisitorius||The Inquisitorius are the Grand Master’s covert network of agents. They represent the Brotherhood's strength outside of the Iron Legion and Iron Fleet. While not all that are enrolled are aligned with the Grand Master’s visions, many compete for favor and to rise in the rankings. The Society offers various awards and incentives and is headed by the Voice of the Brotherhood.|
|The Six Clans|| The six Clans of the Dark Jedi Brotherhood all hold different motivations and personalities.
A member of each respective unit is referred to in the following manner:
Former members of Clan Tarentum identify as Tarenti.
|Arx System||The Arx System is located in the depths of Wild Space, far away from the core worlds and isolated from the galaxy at large. The planet Arx — or more commonly simply called "Arx" — now serves as the current seat of power for the Dark Brotherhood.|
|Outer Rim Territories||The Outer Rim Territories, also known as the Outer Rim or Outer Systems, was a sparsely populated region of the galaxy located outside the Mid Rim before Wild Space and the Unknown Regions. The largest region in the galaxy, it was home to diverse worlds and rugged, primitive frontier planets. It is here that the bulk of the Brotherhood’s storyline evolves.|
|Antei||The former home system and planet of the Dark Brotherhood. Destroyed by former Grand Master Muz Ashen in a destructive ritual to gain immortality.|
|PERSONS OF INTEREST|
|The Dark Council||The Dark Council serves the Grand Master of the Brotherhood, and governs the various elements of the Dark Jedi Brotherhood.|
| Dracaryis Sunstrider
Fist of the Brotherhood
|Supreme Commander of the Iron Legion and Navy, head of the Grand Master's Royal Guard.|
| Marick Tyris
Voice of the Brotherhood
|After going undercover within the Collective ranks, Marick has returned to Arx to continue to lead and direct the Inquisitorius. The Master Assassin continues bring a heightened level of efficiency to the office but faces everyday challenges as both an administrator and bureaucrat, especially when dealing with his former home Clan who still have not forgotten what he did.|
| Selika Roh
Herald of the Brotherhood
|Head of diplomatic relationships between the Clans of the Brotherhood, and leader of the Shroud Syndicate.|
| James Lucius Entar
Seneschal of the Brotherhood
|The enigmatically eccentric, ever endearing Seneschal heads up the Brotherhood’s Research and Development and also maintains sovereignty over cyber security thanks to his unique artificial intelligence, Construct dbb0t. James has a penchant for riddles and rarely involves himself in political matters, claiming to serve the Brotherhood and the Galaxy at large. He is most often left to his own devices out of both respect and fear.|
| Daniel Stephens
Headmaster of the Brotherhood
|The Master Archivist overseeing the Shadow Academy and all of its secrets.|
| Evant Taelyan
Regent of the Brotherhood
|Evant was responsible for forming the Inquisitorius and using it to execute Pravus’ plans to purge the Brotherhood of all he deemed undesirable. This earned him the trust of the Grand Master, leading to his appointment as the Brotherhood’s first Regent. His focus has been on the creation of Arx, the new imperial capital of the Brotherhood, and establishing a base of operations for commerce and construction. Using his vast network of resources, he procures the tools for Pravus’ success such as credit accounts, kyber crystals, and other material acquisitions. Evant is brash, egotistical, and absolutely loyal to Pravus. It remains to be seen what working with Telaris will bring.|
| Dacien Victae
Justicar of the Brotherhood
|The new Justicar replacing Jac Cotelin.|
Master at Arms
|Howlader is rarely seen in his office, but his work always seems to get done. Overseeing the ceremony and record keeping of the Brotherhood’s dossiers, Howlader’s allegiance seems to be more to the position he holds than to any one leader or even his home unit.|
| Morgan Sorenn
Deputy Grand Master of the Brotherhood
|The new Deputy to Telaris, next in line to the throne.|
|The Grand Master occupies the The Iron Throne, which is the seat of power for the Dark Brotherhood. They control the Dark Council, as well as the combined [[Iron Forces]|
|Iron Forces||The Iron Forces are divided into two divisions: The Iron Navy, and the Iron Legion.|
| Damon Nix
|The enigmatic strategist behind the Iron Legion looks to ensure that Pravus’ plans proceed as intended. A master of subterfuge and deception, the man who had previously lead the Dark Crusades by posing as the mysterious Darth Esoteric is one of the most dangerous Sith in the Brotherhood for his unpredictable methods and lethal cunning.|
| Lena Rhell
|The leader of the Iron Navy, Rhell serves as the Fist's chief advisor on naval warfare and strategy. In a dual role as a Moff, she is also tasked with the operation and defense of the Arx System.|
| Atra Ventus
|Faithful to the Brotherhood as an entity unto itself, Atra has taken to his position as Combat Master with zeal. His influence has brought a renewed vigor towards combat instruction for veterans and newcomers alike while acting as a threat assessment tool for the Inquisitorius. Still, he is challenged with gauging his adherence to ideals against expected loyalty to those in power.|
| Darth Pravus
|Former Grand Master of the Brotherhood and leader of the “New Order”. Manipulative, cunning, and utterly dedicated to his vision of a clean, pure, and efficient Brotherhood.|