Welcome to the Dark Jedi Brotherhood Fiction Center. Here you will find links to the various pages and documents that will help both new and returning members with getting caught up with the Brotherhood's current storyline. You will also find summaries and recaps of previous and current storylines and fiction updates.
- The current DB fictional year is 35 ABY.
- To learn more about the Fiction Society, check out the Inquisitorius page on the Wiki.
- To expand your knowledge on the Brotherhood's fiction systems, check out the Voice Staff Resources Hub. This includes links to resources and documentation that covers the Character Sheet System, Competition Guidelines, Telegram Fiction Chat, a catalog of previous Voice and Combat Master Reports, and answers to the most frequently asked questions.
- Curious about what the difference between a Gray, Light, and Dark "Path" is? Check out the Path System!
- To join the ongoing discussion on original characters and fiction, check out our Fiction Chat channel on Telegram.
- 1 Previous Storyline: Fictional Recap
- 2 Current Storyline: Fictional Recap
- 3 Brotherhood Universe
- 4 Timeline: Fiction Updates
- 5 Fiction Update Summaries
- 6 Inquisitorius Archive
Previous Storyline: Fictional Recap
- "To understand the Dark Brotherhood's current position, one would be remiss to dismiss the past. The Dark Council has seen many changes and shifts, but at its core remains the same. They might seem small at first, but overtime they have coalesced into a singular vision driven by one man’s ambition and desire for order. These are the changes that have inevitably lead us to our current course. To pinpoint their origin, one would need to go back to the start of the Dark Crusades, I suppose. That is as good of a place as any to start."
- ―Farrin Xies, Headmaster, 35 ABY
Dark Crusades, Fading Light, Eleventh Great Jedi War
- Read the Plaintext version here.
- The Brotherhood mobilizes against a new foe known as the “One Sith.” This would become known as the Dark Crusades and Fading Light.
- Dark Crusade planets: Krayiss II, Nfolgai, Bhargebba, Ch’Hodos, Ashas Ree, Athiss, Svolten, Jaguada, Kalsunor, Korriz, Dromund Kaas, Ziost.
- Fading Light Planets: Bosthirda, Begeren, and Nicht Ka.
- The Clans and Houses of the Brotherhood utilized all the forces at their command to decimate the One Sith forces and compete against their rivals within the Brotherhood itself. After capturing a planet and repelling the One Sith, the Dark Council was supposed to award stewardship of the planets to the unit they believed contributed most to the victory.
- Darth Esoteric is the leader of the One Sith and the primary antagonist for the Dark Crusade.
- Muz Ashen tries to gather artifacts from each conquered planet in an attempt to execute a sacred ritual (the Rite of Obscuration) that will grant him immortality.
- The Brotherhood fractures into three parts: those loyal to protecting Muz while he completes the Rite, those loyal to Jac Cotelin in stopping Muz, and Darth Esoteric’s anarchist approach to take control away from the Grand Masters.
- The Rite is prevented, but Antei is destroyed in the process.
- Muz and Jac make a tentative peace. Muz steps down as Grand Master.
- DGM Pravus assumes the Throne.
- Esoteric is revealed to be Lord Marshal Damon Nix—Pravus’ right hand and a plant within the One Sith organization that allowed the Brotherhood to win skirmish after skirmish with relatively little loss.
- Grand Master Darth Pravus begins to lay the groundwork for his New Order.
Current Storyline: Fictional Recap
- "Pravus waited until the ritual to destroy Antei had been completed to reveal himself. With Muz stepping down as Grand Master, the path was clear for Pravus to assume the power of the throne, just as he had always intended. The new Grand Master wasted no time solidifying his new seat. His first act was to give the illusion of power back to the Clans by restoring the independent houses to their former positions. With the Clans back on equal footing—so to speak—a new age of growth and recovery dawned on the Dark Jedi Brotherhood. With the loss of Antei, the seven Clans and the Dark Council looked towards the future and what it could bring. The Grand Master had plans of his own, of course."
- ―Farrin Xies, Headmaster, 35 ABY
The New Order
First came the purging of the Obelisk and Krath orders. Voice Evant Taelyan formed the Inquisitorius, a network of loyal agents that would serve the Brotherhood and aide the Grand Master in flushing out and eliminating threats to the throne. The Inquisitorius then had their sights set on the task of ridding the Brotherhood of alien species of "lesser" standing. These groups, when combined with the old orders, would later come to be known as "Undesirables."
The campaign against the Undesirables set each of the Clans on edge. One by one, their fleets and systems came under scrutiny from the Inquisition. Each unit reacted in their own ways, but everything lead to the Grand Master’s Invitational Tournament. The tournament pit two champions from each unit against one another in a bracket to reach the top. In the end, the duel between Timeros Entar Arconae and Turel Sorenn gave way to the Brotherhood’s first Jedi champion.
The Jedi of Odan-Urr savored their victory, but the taste would not last for long. The Tournament had been a smokescreen to lull the Odanites into a false sense of security within the Dark Brotherhood. Then, without word or warning, Pravus launched a full scale invasion and assault on New Tython. The Odanites were forced to retreat and went into exile before eventually settling in the Kiast System, unknown to the Brotherhood.
Pravus followed the sacking of New Tython by announcing his desire to lead the Brotherhood into a “New Order.” This would motivate the Clans to begin to choose a side in a growing conflict between a rising resistance and Pravus’ New Order. Remnants of the old orders would join this growing resistance, which eventually lead to friction and fissures in the frail bonds that held the Brotherhood together.
Karufr—long time home to Clan Taldryan—was next to be sacked by the Justicar of the Brotherhood. This forced the Taldryanites to seek solace and shelter in depths of unknown space. Clan Arcona and Clan Tarentum worked through the aftermath of Wuntila Arconae’s betrayal and the subsequent end to the Krath Rebellion with his murder of Telona Murrage. The two old allies aligned with Clan Plagueis in an attempt to eliminate Darth Pravus, but were unsuccessful. Plagueis returned to their home system to recover their footing and rebuild their forces.
The resistance continued to grow with Arcona and Tarentum joining the fold to oppose the will of the Grand Master and his “New Order”. The Lotus —as the rebels now call themselves—managed to strike a major setback to the Iron Navy’s starship production by attacking a key manufacturing yard. The Grand Master was not pleased with this setback, but it did give him a target to set his sights on.
Even with the unexpected delays, reconciliation from Pravus came swiftly and without mercy. With a series of bold, calculated strokes, the remaining fleets of the Brotherhood were brought to bear against the might of the Iron Navy. Arcona, Tarentum, and Naga Sadow lost their flagships and accompanying navies, forcing them to retreat. Scholae Palatinae, despite their ties to the Imperial legacy, were hit the hardest as both their fleet and homeworld were set aflame.
The seven Clans have been forced to reevaluate their armed forces and ambitions. Meanwhile, the Dark Council stands on the precipice of revealing their new base of operations. Gone are the tethers to the mystic ways of old. Pravus’ vision has replaced them with cold, Imperial-inspired efficiency. There appears to be a method behind the madness that the Grand Master has pursued in his pursuit of forming this New Order.
Where do we go from here? The future remains to be written.
The following data bank provides a quick reference to information about persons, locations, and organizations of interest that show up in the Dark Brotherhood storyline.
|Inquisitorius||The Inquisitorius are the Grand Master’s covert network of agents. They represent the Brotherhood's strength outside of the Iron Legion and Iron Fleet. While not all that are enrolled are aligned with the Grand Master’s visions, many compete for favor and to rise in the rankings. The Society offers various awards and incentives and is headed by the Voice of the Brotherhood.|
|Lotus||The name of the rebel resistance that stands in direct opposition to Darth Pravus, the Lotus fight against the Grand Master and his zealous, militaristic methods of eliminating any who do not fit his vision for a “New Order.” They are prominently supported by the rogue Jedi of Clan Odan-Urr as well as Clan Arcona among other Clans and growing sympathizers.|
|The Seven Clans|| The seven Clans of the Dark Jedi Brotherhood all hold different motivations and personalities.
A member of each respective unit is referred to in the following manner:
|The One Sith||An organization that rose to oppose the Dark Brotherhood and fought an ongoing campaign throughout the Dark Crusades and into the finale of the Eleventh Great Jedi War. After the revelation of their leader being a pawn to the Brotherhood, the organization has since crumbled.|
|REDACTED||Arx||The new Imperial capital homeworld and the seat of the Brotherhood’s power.|
|Outer Rim Territories||The Outer Rim Territories, also known as the Outer Rim or Outer Systems, was a sparsely populated region of the galaxy located outside the Mid Rim before Wild Space and the Unknown Regions. The largest region in the galaxy, it was home to diverse worlds and rugged, primitive frontier planets. It is here that the bulk of the Brotherhood’s storyline evolves.|
|Antei||The former home system and planet of the Dark Brotherhood. Destroyed by former Grand Master Muz Ashen in a destructive ritual to gain immortality.|
|PERSONS OF INTEREST|
|The Dark Council||The Dark Council serves the Grand Master of the Brotherhood, and governs the various elements of the Dark Jedi Brotherhood.|
| Dracaryis Sunstrider
Fist of the Brotherhood
|Dracaryis has been tasked with taking over military operations for the Iron Legion and Iron Navy. He is cunning and eager to test the boundaries of his new power, and has taken on a more bold approach to tactics thanks to his new right hand officer.|
| Marick Tyris
Voice of the Brotherhood
|Recently separating himself from Clan Arcona by executing the traitor Zakath Agrona, Marick has cemented his position as leader of the Inquisitorius. The Master Assassin has brought a new level of efficiency to the office but faces everyday challenges as both an administrator and bureaucrat.|
| Morgan Sorenn
Herald of the Brotherhood
|Head of diplomatic relationships between the Clans of the Brotherhood, Morgan also has her hands in the criminal syndicates and operations that operate in and around the Dark Jedi Brotherhood. Her intentions seem to represent her own interests and remain a mystery to even the Grand Master.|
| James Lucius Entar
Seneschal of the Brotherhood
|The enigmatically eccentric, ever endearing Seneschal heads up the Brotherhood’s Research and Development and also maintains sovereignty over cyber security thanks to his unique artificial intelligence, Construct dbb0t. James has a penchant for riddles and rarely involves himself in political matters, claiming to serve the Brotherhood and the Galaxy at large. He is most often left to his own devices out of both respect and fear.|
| Farrin Xies
Headmaster of the Brotherhood
|The Master Archivist overseeing the Shadow Academy and all of its secrets.|
| Evant Taelyan
Regent of the Brotherhood
|Evant was responsible for forming the Inquisitorius and using it to execute Pravus’ plans to purge the Brotherhood of all he deemed undesirable. This earned him the trust of the Grand Master, leading to his appointment as the Brotherhood’s first Regent. His focus has been on the creation of Arx, the new imperial capital of the Brotherhood, and establishing a base of operations for commerce and construction. Using his vast network of resources, he procures the tools for Pravus’ success such as credit accounts, kyber crystals, and other material acquisitions. Evant is brash, egotistical, and absolutely loyal to Pravus.|
| Jac Cotelin
Justicar of the Brotherhood
|Jac Cotelin made a bold statement of support for Grand Master Pravus by turning his back on Clan of Taldryan and launching a full frontal assault on their home planet, Karufr.|
Master at Arms
|Howlader is rarely seen in his office, but his work always seems to get done. Overseeing the ceremony and record keeping of the Brotherhood’s dossiers, Howlader’s allegiance seems to be more to the position he holds than to any one leader or even his home unit.|
Deputy Grand Master
| Mav ascended to his prestigious position thanks to being the worst ever. He was also implicated in the IRC murder case. Charges were dismissed.
(This will remain until Mav updates his CS)
| Darth Pravus
| Grand Master of the Brotherhood. Leader of the “New Order”. Manipulative, cunning, and utterly dedicated to his vision of a clean, pure, and efficient Brotherhood. |
The Iron Throne
The seat of power for the Dark Jedi Brotherhood.
The Iron Navy
The Naval Branch of the Iron Throne.
The Iron Legion
The troops, vehicles and ground forces of the Iron Throne.
|N/A|| Damon Nix
|The enigmatic strategist behind the Iron Legion looks to ensure that Pravus’ plans proceed as intended. A master of subterfuge and deception, the man who had previously lead the Dark Crusades by posing as the mysterious Darth Esoteric is one of the most dangerous Sith in the Brotherhood for his unpredictable methods and lethal cunning.|
| Darth Necren
|The Dark Council’s seedy “hitman” is a professional killer and tends to show up wherever violence is needed on behalf of the Grand Master.|
| Atra Ventus
|Faithful to the Brotherhood as an entity unto itself, Atra has taken to his position as Combat Master with zeal. His influence has brought a renewed vigor towards combat instruction for veterans and newcomers alike while acting as a threat assessment tool for the Inquisitorius. Still, he is challenged with gauging his adherence to ideals against expected loyalty to those in power.|
| Muz Ashen
|Former Grand Master responsible for the destruction of Antei as a result of attempting a ritual of immortality. Currently resides as a House leader in Naga Sadow.|
Timeline: Fiction Updates
To get caught up on the latest brotherhood storyline, check out the fiction updates below. The Dark Crusade is the beginning of the contemporary storyline, so we begin there.
|30 ABY||Dark Crusade|
|31 ABY||Fading Light|
|32 ABY||Eleventh Great Jedi War||Finale|
|33 ABY||The New Order|| Prologue: Undesirables|
Chapter 1: A New Order
Chapter 2: Treason
|34 ABY||—|| Anthology series:|
Part 1 - No Return
Part 2 - Rise of the Lotus
Part 3 - Seven Strands
For the complete timeline, please see the Dark Jedi Brotherhood Timeline article.
Fiction Update Summaries
The following section will provide links to the relevant news posts that launched each fiction update, as well as synopses for the The New Order story arc.
- Undesirables are revealed to be alien species of "lesser" standing in the Grand Master’s eyes. This also includes any who held true to the old orders known as the Krath and Obelisk.
- Obelisk and Krath leaders are executed as the orders are purged from the ranks of the Brotherhood.
- This is the prequel and set up for the New Order story arc.
Chapter 1: A New Order
- Valhavoc files his final report and highlights the evolution of the Dark Brotherhood over the past two years, and his disappointment in it.
- Under Grand Master Pravus' order, the eradication of the Jedi from the Brotherhood begins. New Tython is invaded and razed.
- Forewarned by the tortured and escaped former Herald, Vorsa, Clan Odan-Urr largely manages escape, though the rest of New Tython burns. Solari is killed in a duel with the Grand Master, sending a message.
- Clan Odan-Urr regroups and looks forward to the future and towards Resistance.
- “Remember New Tython”
Chapter 2: Treason
- Former Grand Master and current Justicar Jac returns home to Taldrya. Aabsdu returns home to Plagueis, unsanctioned, with part of the Iron Fleet. Rogue agents Telona Murrage, Krath paragon of Tarentum, and Wuntila Arconae assemble their secret cell of undesirables and ex-Orderlies in a resistance movement. Tensions run high.
- Jac and Aabsdu launch attacks on their respective targets in retaliation for their Clans' betrayal of Pravus.
- The Krath and Obelisk resistance is attacked by Iron Throne forces. Wuntila betrays Telona, murdering her, and Val Cole, agent of the Grand Master, emerges from the fray to congratulate him on his loyalty.
- Pravus is pleased and turns his attention to other dissenters in his ranks, including “the waif” on the Serpentine Throne. He sets the stage to turn Tarentum and Arcona against each other.
The Anthology series is a collection of three fictions that take place between Chapter 2 and Chapter 3 of The New Order story arc. These were done to allow more direct input from each unit in terms of crafting the larger Brotherhood storyline.
Anthology Part 1: No Return
- The Regent’s role is highlighted.
- Senechal James Entar is punny.
- Soon™ has been canonized.
- An Undesirable safehouse becomes compromised when Grand Inquisitors show up
- Zakath goes HAM on some Inquisitors.
- Marick Arconae confronts and kills Zakath to show is dedication and loyalty to Grand Master Pravus.
- Marick Arconae becomes Marick Tyris.
Anthology Part 2: Rise of the Lotus
- Mar and Corvus impersonate Iron Legion troopers to get to the control room, not unlike Luke and Han in “A New Hope.”
- Lead by Alethia, the Resistance sets up to blast the fuel lines for Pravus’ new Fleet-maker.
- Edgar’s team runs into trouble, gets pinned down.
- Arcona and Odan-Urr coordinate to retrieve Edgar’s team, extraction.
- Odan-Urr’s flagship recovers the strike teams.
- Arcia triggers the detonators, taking out the fuel lines for the Brotherhood's Fleet-maker.
- Pravus is not happy.
- Pravis is very not happy. Appoints a new Fist in Dracaryis to lead the charge against the Resistance.
- The Resistance adopts the name of “The Lotus” under the continued banner of “Remember New Tython.”
- Pravus has his sights now on Arcona, and also realizes that Odan-Urr is a legitimate threat to his plans.
Anthology Part 3: Seven Strands
- A 7-part fiction from each of the 7 Clan’s perspectives of current events.
Chapter 3: Reconciliation
- Drac decides to be more bold in how the Iron Navy fights its battles. He brings in a tactical expert.
- Tarentum’s flagship is destroyed by the Iron Navy.
- Damon Nix manipulates a member of Scholae Palatinae to betray them. While Scholae’s forces are spread thin, Nix attacks their homeworld of Judecca and lays waste to it.
- Alara and Zee witness the destruction of Judecca.
- Blade Ta’var is revealed as the traitor as she heads towards Kiast to join Clan Odan-Urr.
- Nix reveals that he used Blade and was getting revenge for her refusing to kill her opponent in the Journeyman Tournament.
- Former Consul Locke gets a visit from the Iron Navy, and is surprised to see Atra Ventus alive and leading the attack. CNS Flagship destroyed.
- The Arcona Defense Force is ambushed on their home turf. They are lured into a trap, which is later revealed to be the work of Marick. The current and former flagships, most notably, are destroyed.
- Pravus is pleased. Arx is soon ready to be revealed to the Brotherhood.
Official Fiction Updates for both the Dark Jedi Brotherhood and the independent Clans can be found here in the Inquisitorius Fiction Archives.
To check out the Dark Jedi Brotherhood Comics that were made click here!