House Acclivis Draco
|House Acclivis Draco|
House Scholae Palatinae
|[ Source ]|
|Acclivis Draco Battleteams|
|This article is part of a series|
- "House of the Rising Dragon: Where Perfection Becomes Habit"
- ―House Motto
House Acclivis Draco was one of the three Houses, along with House Caliburnus and House Dorimad Sol that make up Clan Scholae Palatinae. It was born from a secret report, sent to Palpatine that suggested a merging of the Royal Guard and the Scholae Palatinae warriors. The Emperor's death put paid to any action, but during Clan Scholae's transition from House to Clan, the Consul saw this report and was inspired to create House Acclivis Draco. The House has long been regarded as the elite House, although during these troubling times of rebellion, their position is shaky.
- 1 History
- 2 Society & Culture
- 3 Military
- 4 Economy
- 5 House Actions/Reactions
- 6 Important Figures
- 7 Traditions
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See Also
- 10 External Links
Coming to a DJB Wiki near you!
- House Acclivis Draco vs. House Aleema: Victorious
- House Acclivis Draco vs. House Caliburnus: Tie
- House Acclivis Draco vs. House Caliburnus vs. House Dorimad Sol: 1st
Society & Culture
The society, and overall culture, of House Acclivis Draco's members and Antenora's inhabitants is an interesting mix of isolationism, from living on a desert planet, and improvisation, from boredom of living on a monotonous desert planet. These traits are shown in the planet's strange sports, pastimes, and holidays.
House members have adapted sports from nomad tribes, primarily in the Blood Plains region, although some of these games are said to have originated from a scavenging society near the equatorial mountain ranges.
A pastime originating from the Blood Plains' locals, Worm Calling was originally done by treading along the surface of the sand harshly to catch a worm's attention. Antenora's Dark Jedi, however, attempt to exercise their powers of Animalism by calling worms with the Force. Due to the rarity of sandworms, those with the strongest powers in creature summoning usually win.
The longest known game of Worm Calling was seventy-two days. Both players died from dehydration, despite triggering meditative states to slow down their oxygen and water use.
Most holidays that House Acclivis Draco members celebrate are based on those of the planet's indigenous peoples.
Festival of Thirst
Originating from a group of people, who call themselves the Harukar Atereedas, living in the Western Hemisphere near the Cliffs of the Fallen, the Festival of Thirst condemns the planet for not providing them with enough water. However, in places like the Northern Oasis where there is enough water to support the populations, the people celebrate the blessing of water by going without water for three days (some species, due to their biological needs, go for longer to show off).
Brute military force has never been the strong point of the House - most preferring sabotage or intelligence roles; however, with the establishment of Kraken Regiment, this is slowly beginning to change and the House is no longer needing to depend upon the seasoned warriors of House Caliburnus or House Dorimad Sol.
Legions of Acclivis Draco
With a fighting force of approximately three thousand, Acclivis Draco houses one of Scholae Palatinae’s regiments, nicknamed “Kraken Regiment.” Along with the entire “Legions of Scholae Palatinae” system, the regiment was established during the reign of Emperor Dakari the Merciless. The regiment is under the direct command and supervision of Acclivis Draco’s current Quaestor. However, Acclivis Draco’s Aedile is generally the one to handle the military because the Quaestor is usually away or too busy to flex the House’s military might.
The regiment is stationed at Amethyst Fortress at the Antenora Military Campus and is easily deployable across the planet. Kraken does not police the general populace, but leaves that to the Antenora Security Bureau and the Dark Jedi.
House and Military Hierarchy
- Surface Marshall of a Post: Quaestor of Acclivis Draco
- Iudex of Scholae Palatinae: Aedile of Acclivis Draco
- Commanding Officer of a Legion: Battle Team Leader
- Commanding Officer of a Company: Battle Team Member
Order of the Dragon
The Quaestor's personal guard of champions and advisers, the Order of the Dragon is a collection of the finest Dark Jedi the House has to offer. The Quaestor, sometimes consulting the Consul or Proconsul, chooses the member that has exhibited the highest quality of work and leadership throughout the month and inducts him/her into the Order as a Third Class member.
In the event that there are not enough Battle Team Leaders to satisfy the number of Commanding Officers of a Legion, the highest ranked Order members will be appointed to the aforementioned post.
- Throughout Scholae Palatinae's long history, House Acclivis Draco has nearly always exhibited a sincere feeling of camaraderie, friendship, and teamwork. Although the Clan's feeling of wholeness may momentarily collapse at points, House Acclivis Draco has always led the way to restoring this family-reminiscent atmosphere.
To be recognized as someone important and influential to House Acclivis Draco is one of the greatest honors a member of the House can receive. Only those who have served with undeniable dedication and loyalty may be allowed on this roll.
Note: These lists may be incorrect. If you find an error, please fix it!
- Matthew Gibbs
- Arkane Maithal
- Arkane Maithal
- Karva Dronaal
- Cuchulain Darkblade Palpatine
- Mike Halcyon
- Sabe Draecena: 11/23/2001 - 8/11/2002
- Mejas Doto: 8/17/2002 - 1/10/2003
- Loor: 1/11/2003 - ?
- Rhaub D'ar Aghasett Palpatine: 5/5/2003 - 7/20/2003
- Lorad Desmos: 7/21/2003 - 10/2/2003
- Saitou: 10/8/2003 - 11/5/2003
- Vally Tamalar: 11/12/2003 - 12/18/2003
- Numaril Asfågeln: 12/27/2003 - 1/22/2004
- Vail Aquillarum Unteminar: 1/31/2004 - 4/27/2004
- Timbal: 4/30/2004 - 1/12/2005
- Kschamehellan: 1/12/2005 - 9/7/2005
- Munesanzun Mitsukai Isradia: 9/7/2005 - 7/22/2006
- Braecen Kaeth: 7/27/2006 - 8/7/2006
- Saitou: 8/9/2006 - 8/18/2006
- Cyris Oscura: 9/12/2006 - 10/8/2006
- RevengeX Palpatine: 10/9/2006 - 8/25/2008
- Timbal: 8/25/2008 - 1/31/2009
- Tra'an Reith: 1/31/2009 - 6/27/2009
- Kalak Ragnose: 6/27/2009 -
- Karva Dronaal
- Karva Dronaal
- Michael Halcyon
- Saitou: 4/9/2001 - 9/26/2001
- Sabe Draecena
- Cymbre Kall
- al`Lan Mandragoran: 1/10/2003 - ?
- Kschamehellan: 1/31/2004 - 1/12/2005
- Mune Metsukai Isradia: 2/5/2005 - 9/7/2005
- Braecen Kaeth: 9/7/2005 - 10/3/2005
- Impetus: 10/3/2006 - 2/1/2006
- Laurus: 2/13/2006 - 7/22/2006
- Rasilvenaira StormRaven: 7/27/2006 - 12/11/2006
- Rhaub D'ar Aghasett Palpatine: 12/23/2006 - 4/8/2007
- Natth a'Niel Palpatine: 4/8/2007 - 8/8/2007
- Cuchulain Darkblade Palpatine: 8/8/2007 - 3/7/2008
- Exodius: 3/7/2008 - 5/26/2008
- Timbal: 5/26/2008 - 8/25/2008
- Tra'an Reith: 8/25/2008 - 1/31/2009
- Kalak Ragnose: 1/31/2009 - 6/27/2009
- Koryn Thraagus: 6/27/2009 -
- Corde Aghasett
- Kschamehellan: 10/13/2003 - 10/25/2003
- Kschamehellan: 11/17/2003 - 1/31/2004
- Timbal: 2/9/2004 - 4/30/2004
- Issard Jokaat: 5/13/2004 - 1/25/2005
- Exodius: 2/14/2005 - 5/6/2005
- Uzbad Zol Tamalar: 5/6/2005 - 8/20/2005
- RevengeX Palpatine: 8/20/2005 - 8/10/2006
- Thran Occasus: 8/27/2006 - 10/29/2006
- Ood Bnar Sythe'rae: 10/29/2006 - 4/13/2007
- Cuchulain Darkblade Palpatine: 4/13/2007 - 9/2/2007
- Uzbad Zol Tamalar: 3/11/2008 - 5/18/2008
- Tra'an Reith: 5/18/2008 - 8/25/2008
- Kalak Ragnose: 8/25/2008 - 1/31/2009
- Koryn Thraagus: 1/31/2009 - 6/27/2009
- Draco Maligo: 6/27/2009 -
Note: Under the reign of Consul Phoenix Olkyssagh Palpatine, the position of Rollmaster for all three Houses of Clan Scholae Palatinae were merged with the position of "Clan Envoy." As of 3/2008, the Society of Envoys were closed and the Rollmaster position was re-opened. However, the people who served as Envoys should not be forgotten. The Clan Envoys:
- Since the beginning of the Clan, Caliburnus was the stronger of the three Houses, over HAD and Dorimad Sol. As time passed the Krath grew stronger and under J'Lek began to push for control of the Clan. The Krath grew stronger and began to dominate the Clan positions and finally, dominance of HAD over HC was officially grabbed under Cuchulain's reign.
- HAD has since traditionally been considered the strongest of all of CSP's houses, although there have been periods of history in which one house or another has temporarily usurped that honor. However, HAD usually bounces back with a vengeance.
- HAD usually is the source of most fictional work within the Clan, and prides itself on furthering the development aspects of the Clan.
- Under the leadership of Mike Halcyon, House Acclivis Draco became the first First Krath House of the Brotherhood.
- This is where the current Master-Student Program, created by Mike Halcyon and now used throughout the Brotherhood, began.
- After Mune resigned from the position of Quaestor, three members were appointed successively: Braecen, Saitou, and Cyris, but none of them were in the post for more than sixteen days.
- At one point, the entire Summit of Acclivis Draco was filled with Krath Priests: Kschamehellan as Quaestor, Mune as Aedile, and Exodius as Rollmaster.
- The traditionally Krath house experienced its first Obelisk Quaestor when Tra'an took control.
- Ood would like to be known as an influential member who deserted the House.
- Antenora - the home planet of Acclivis Draco
- Dragons Citadel - Acclivis Draco's base of operations, containing all offices
- Acclivis Draco Defense Regiment
- House Caliburnus
- House Dorimad Sol
- Clan Scholae Palatinae