The "Art of Vendetta" is a codified set of rules designed to govern fair play between Independent Units during Dark Brotherhood wide competitions. The following rules are strictly enforced throughout
- 1 Part I: The General Directives
- 2 Part II: The Forms of Vendetta
- 3 Part III: The Spoils of War
- 4 Part IV: Penalties for Violation of the Art of Vendetta
- 5 Part V: Transfers during DB-wide events and Clan Feuds
Part I: The General Directives
- The Grand Master and Deputy Grand Master have the authority to declare a Vendetta.
- All Houses and Clans will follow the directives of the Dark Council regarding Vendettas.
- All members of the Dark Brotherhood are eligible to participate in a Great Jedi War or Rite of Supremacy. Only members of participating Clans may participate in Clan Feuds.
- A Vendetta's rules will be tailored for the individual event. Rules for the event will be published prior to the event's official start.
Part II: The Forms of Vendetta
Vendettas can take the following forms.
- Great Jedi War - At this level, Clans will battle for supremacy in the Brotherhood in the form of earning the titles of First Clan, Second Clan, and Third Clan of the Brotherhood.
- Rite of Supremacy - At this level, Clans will battle one another or other threats for rewards decided upon by the Dark Council.
- Clan Feud - At this level, two Clans will directly war upon one another under the supervision of the Dark Council. Spoils may include the possessions of the other Clan or other valuable items determined by the Dark Council.
Part III: The Spoils of War
Awards for a Great Jedi War
- The titles of First Clan, Second Clan, and Third Clan of the Brotherhood will be awarded to the top placing Clans in overall scores in the Great Jedi War.
- Additional awards presented to the victor of a Great Jedi War will be decided upon individually by the Dark Council.
- Novae are granted to individuals placing first, second, or third in Great Jedi War competitions, along with appropriate credit bonuses for placement and participation based on the Possessions Salary Policy.
- Credits will be awarded to Clans based on tailored rules established prior to each War.
Awards for a Rite of Supremacy
- The awards presented to the victor of a Rite of Supremacy will be decided upon individually by the Dark Council.
- In addition, placing individuals are awarded Gold, Silver and Bronze Novae.
- Credits will be awarded to Clans based on tailored rules established prior to each Rite of Supremacy.
Awards for a Clan Feud
- The victorious Clan will earn spoils decided upon by the overseeing Dark Council pursuant to the Clan Feud policy, which may involve wagered possessions.
- In addition, the individuals placing first, second, and third overall across all competitions will earn Novae.
- Clans may wager possessions in the Clan inventory with the approval of the Grand Master.
For excellence in the field of battle, members can be given special titles for placing in the top three in a major vendetta. First Hero, Second Hero, and Third Hero are the titles awarded, each for their respective vendetta. Clan feuds, while a form of vendetta, are not eligible events for these titles. See the MAA Policies page for more information
Part IV: Penalties for Violation of the Art of Vendetta
All Vendettas conducted in the Dark Jedi Brotherhood take place under the the established rules set forth in the Covenant and Rites of Combat. The Justicar is the Chief Judge of Vendetta related disputes, violations, and penalties.
Part V: Transfers during DB-wide events and Clan Feuds
To prevent abuse of the transfer system and to prevent the problem of people moving into clans solely for the purpose of participation in one large event, it is hereby ordered that all inter-clan transfers stop one week prior to any DB-wide event (including the competing clans during a Clan Feud), and continue that way until the event's end.
Rogue members may still transfer into clans during the transfer-ban-window, and may participate in said event but do not accumulate points for any unit as a rogue, and will not transfer any points earned while a rogue to a Clan.