Your avatar image - the square image that appears next to your name on your dossier - gives people a brief visual glimpse at what your character looks like. Your avatar defaults to the core unit of which you are a member.
If you are a JM2 (Acolyte/Courier/Sergeant) or higher and you do not wish to use the default unit image, you may provide a custom avatar to be placed onto your dossier. This avatar, once submitted, will be checked for adherence to the Avatar requirements and Restrictions (see below) and must be of sufficient quality to appear on the main site dossiers.
To protect the DJB from legal ramifications and ensure that our dossiers remain presentable, images will need to meet these requirements:
- You must have permission from the artist to use the image as your avatar. If you were the creator, or you commissioned the creation of the image for your own use, then this satisfies the permission requirement.
- Your avatar must be a reasonable attempt at a likeness of your character. A childish sketch or a stick figure will not be considered a valid request.
- Your avatar must be a picture of your character's head.
- Your avatar must be 100x100 pixels and your character's head must take up a reasonable amount of space in the image.
- Your avatar must be in color.
Additionally, there are some restrictions, too:
- Your avatar must not be a photo or photo manipulation.
- Your avatar must not be pixelated or have too many compression artifacts, scan artifacts, etc.
- Your avatar must not have a helmet. It must be a picture of your character, not a piece of equipment.
- Your avatar must not be a direct clone of a copy-written character. We don't want to have 50 Han Solos and 23 Sephiroths floating around the site. If you create, receive, or commission a piece of art, it must be unique enough to be considered "yours".
Please note: the DJB currently does not create images for characters in any official capacity. If you happen to find your character in any official DJB artwork, you may use that image if it does not violate any of the above bullet points.
The Herald Staff, Grand Master, and Deputy Grand Master reserve the right to upload non-standard custom images in place of avatars for the purposes of: special events, occasional jokes, dunce-caps for avatar policy violators, etc.
Requesting an Avatar
If you and your avatar meet the above requirements, feel free to use the request form on your Administration page.
- Allowing game rendered avatars from TOR as per Justicar's and Deputy Grand Master's approval. 11/01/2015