The Rite of Supremacy: Escalation, also known as "RoS: Escalation," was a 5-week Brotherhood event that ran from May 30th, 2021 to July 6th, 2021.
Prelude: Shadows Coalescing
Evant Taelyan lives! The Deputy Grand Master had spent months healing in a secret location. His trip into the world of the dead had only strengthened his connection to the Force. Aware of a new enemy on the horizon, he met in secret with Dacien Victae, James Entar, and Idris Adenn. Together they conspired to seat Evant upon the Iron Throne.
Elsewhere, the Tenixir Revenants have begun stockpiling weapons found from hidden Collective caches throughout the galaxy. These caches were given in payment by Avitus Oligard who was using the Revenants to find locations where there might be more mysterious crystals. Directed by the voices he heard from the crystals, his movements were watched by the mysterious Seer, a dark side practitioner.
Back in the Arx system, Telaris Cantor decided for his overall goal of perfect Order to be accomplished, another would have to take the throne. As the Council and Consuls met in the Throne Room, Evant Taelyan arrived. In a quick show of power, he crushed Rhent Ghosen to death using only the Force. However before he could face down Cantor, the Grand Master vanished into thin air.
Evant Taelyan took the Iron Throne and dubbed himself Darth Nehalem.
The Brotherhood continued to rebuild from the destruction wrought by the Collective. Yet, Darth Nelhalem’s thoughts were always on the shadows beyond his line of sight. To his horror, while in deep mediation, one of the enemies reached out to him.
Meanwhile, The Revenants continued to shepherd Avitus Oligard from planet to planet in his attempts to find the people calling to him. As they travelled they collected many more of the force imbued crystals. They arrived in the Jumarrot System only to find the Principate already there, also deep in their own search for these crystals.
Under the influence of these crystals, fractures were beginning to appear in the ranks of both the Principate and the Revenants. Division carefully stoked by The Seer.
Concerned with his legacy, Darth Nehalem began looking for ways to ensure his own power could continue past whatever threat was toying with him. Little did he know the fractures within the Principate and Revenants were finally cracking wide apart.
Charged with conspiracy to commit mutiny, First Mate Zyft Yadar, was caged, all the while pleading her case that the Revenants should not focus on Retribution against the Principate but instead look to Expand their control out in the outer rim. Rasha Hawee was convinced only by destroying the Principate could the Revenants truly be free. Zyft escaped her cell thanks to the help of a guilt-ridden Avitus.
Within the Principate the Triumvir of Oaths, Vairya Muktiba, made strides in creating the Imperial Harmony Party an official organization within their senate. The growing number of senators pushing for open warfare now had an opposition group believing peace was the way forward. The other two Triumvir however disagreed with the Harmonist movement, believing instead only a strong show of force would Restore the Principate to their rightful place.
This was all in accordance to the Seer’s actions, now hinting that the Hutts would play a role in revealing the Brotherhood to her secretive order.
The conflict between the Principate and the Revenants came to a head on the Hutt-controlled planet of Dandoran. It was left to the members of the Brotherhood to decide for themselves who they would support.
At the invitation of the Py’zah the Hutt, ruler of Tipool City, and Garganta Galleria Casino and Hotel Resort, many of the criminal world ventured to Dandoran for a week full of massive events such as illegal deathmatches, pod-racing, and a very rare items auction. Up for auction was a box load of the crystals that the Collective, the Principate, and the Revenants all had been collecting over the past years.
With the division in the ranks of both the Principate and the Revenants, four distinct groups emerged. As factions of the Principate, there were the brutal Restorers and peace-seeking Harmonists. For the Revenants, there was the vengeance-seeking Retributionists and the opportunistic Expansionists. These four groups arrived in an attempt to take these crystals from the Hutts. It was then the conflict began.
The Grand Master, Darth Nehalem, was unconcerned with these events and decided to take the Headmistress out in a scouting mission to find a place of power. He ordered the members of the Brotherhood to ignore their clan ties and go independently to support whatever group they wished.
And in the darkness of her cave, The Seer made her last preparations before leaving to join the fun on Dandoran.
The Restorers have their mighty Restoration Troopers arrive on the planet. These monstrous soldiers were the product of study upon the crystals, turning the test subjects into massive, slow but incredibly strong, nearly indestructible soldiers. The perfect force for the Restorers to complete their goal of bringing order by any means.
The Seer herself arrived on Dandoran, and used one of her own crystals to turn a subject into her own crystalline monstrosity. Claiming it ascended this monster was the Force made flesh, a blend of crystal and organic matter with a nearly unlimited potential to tap into the Force.
With two very different sets of monsters unleashed upon Tipool City, the stakes of the battle between the factions rose. Feeling drawn to the Seer, Avitus Oligard finally left on his own, hoping to unite with her, just as the crystals bid him to.
The Seer and Avitus Oligard meet, at last, embrace and kiss, before the Seer uses her influence over the crystals to turn the Restoration Troopers against their own people. Having fled into the city to avoid being detained by the Harmonists, Restorers Kamlin and Adlez are attacked by the Troopers, and Adlez is killed as they attempt to flee.
Deeper in the City, the Rasha Hawee faces down Zyft Yadar, with both the Retributionists and the Expansionists deciding the threat the Principate had brought was bigger than their quarrel. Letting down her guard, Rasha Hawee and her followers are knocked unconscious and bound as prisoners.
The Seer loads up the crystals, along with the body of a Restoration Trooper, before Kamlin appears to barter passage off-planet in exchange for data on how they created the troopers. The Seer accepts this trade. She then taunts the Brotherhood, thanking them for coming out to “play”, and teases that something known as 'The Harbinger will enjoy playing with them as well.
The Harmonists and the nearly broken Expansionists meet and agree to a ceasefire, having ruined much of Tipool City.
At the Dark Ascent, the Grand Master and Headmistress return pleased with what they discovered and accelerate their plans. The Grand Master then calls the Master-at-Arms to the throne room, naming Howlader Taldrya a Sith Lord.
Dandoran, a remotely populated planet in the Doran system controlled by the Hutt Clan.
Persons of Interest
The following list contains a brief description of each NPC character utilized in Rite of Supremacy: Escalation.
Severian Principate Diplomats
- Py’zah the Hutt - Ruler of Tipool City
- The Seer - Leader of unknown faction, later identified as The Children of Mortis
- Rhent Ghosen - Chief Executive of ACE
The following news posts were made by the Dark Council to spread information for Rite of Supremacy: Escalation.
Competitions and BIN completion tracking can be found under the Competition page:
The following recognition and rewards were given out at the conclusion of The Rite of Supremacy: Escalation.
Clans earn points when members participate in competition types/bins or when members place in a competition. In accordance with the directives governing Vendetta Events in the Brotherhood, the Clan with the most points at the conclusion of Rites of Supremacy: Escalation will be declared the winner. In addition to this, the factions that members were broken up into were similarly divided up into various groups and awarded on a points system, with one emerging victorious.
- First Place: Harmonists - 1664.94 Points
- Second Place: Expansionists – 1561.36 Points
- Third Place: Restorers – 975.49 Points
- Fourth Place: Retributionists – 810.62 Points
- First Place: Arcona - 1528.89 Points
- Second Place: Taldryan - 1144.11 Points
- Third Place: Vizsla - 1122.10 Points
- Fourth Place: Odan-Urr – 1094.32 Points
- Fifth Place: Plagueis - 906.15 Points
- Sixth Place: Scholae Palatinae - 849.01 Points
- Seventh Place: Naga Sadow - 661.45 Points
- Eighth Place: Rogue - 72.70 Points
- Ninth Place: Assistants - 6.00 Points
These individuals earned the most placement points in The Rite of Supremacy: Escalation.
The following members "did work" and exerted "maximum effort" in this Rite of Supremacy. Congrats to all members who completed an event in every bin throughout Escalation.
- Atyiru Caesura Entar Arconae
- Tali Sroka
- Marick Tyris Arconae
- Sulith Bekett
- Qyreia Arronen
- Ood Bnar
- Aru Law
- Zuza Lottson
- Diyrian "Diy" Grivna
- Tasha'Vel Versea
- Bentre Sadow
- Raistlin Sadow
- Jafits Skrumm
- Aurora "Aura" Ta'var
- Ira Ojiman
- Turel Sorenn
- Essik Lyccane
- Alethia Archenksova
- Elyon de Neverse
- Sinya Ani
- Qormus Aquila
- Selika Roh di Plagia
- Kell Palpatine Dante
- Kamjin "Maverick" Lap'lamiz
- Andrelious J. Inahj
- Appius "Zappius" Wight
- Brimstone aka Seabr'imsto'nedansr
- Malfrost Xeon
Skins: Robe / Weapon Skins
The following accessories were given to the members of each faction. Each faction gets one themed possession available to participating members of that faction to purchase from the Shroud Syndicate Market when that store opens following the completion of the art by the Herald Staff, with the top 10 members of each faction being automatically granted the item for free for their sub-faction once they're available.:
- Harmonists: (Accessory) The Principate Language Decoder is a wrist-mounted accessory that allows the wearer to translate a variety of languages via audio and video capture, displaying the translation on a viewscreen that takes up the majority of the wrist unit for easy reading. It was created by members of the Harmonist sub-faction of the Severian Principate.
- Expansionists: (Weapon) The Revenant Blaster Rifle is a two-handed, medium-range blaster rifle based on the same design aesthetic as the Scatter Gun featuring a set of dual blaster barrels for a massive punch, with a secondary mode that allows the user to spread the shots just like the Scatter Gun. It has minimum recoil for a weapon of its size, with a charge meter present on the outer chassis. It was created by members of the Expansionists sub-faction of the Tenixir Revenants.
- Restorers: (Accessory) The Principate Decoy Beacon is a small, cylindrical device with a small broadcast dish on the top. It has been programmed with several falsified Severian Principate starship signatures and personnel DNA in order to lure enemies of the Principate to a specific location for an ambush. It was created by members of the Restorers sub-faction of the Severian Principate.
- Retributionists: (Weapon) The Revenant A-12 Blaster Pistol is a single-hand, short-range blaster pistol based on the same design aesthetic as the E-851 blaster pistol, but with dual barrels for a bigger punch. This weapon is the perfect shape for a quick-draw, and like the E-851 was designed for minimum recoil, with a charge meter present on the outer chassis. It was created by members of the Retributionists sub-faction of the Tenixir Revenants.
Possessions: Credit Earnings
- Clan Arcona: 109,140,000 credits (20,000,000 for 1st place + 15,290,000 participation credits + 73,850,000 DJB particiation credits) and a Advanced Cloaking System.
- Clan Taldryan: 104,290,000 credits (19,000,000 for 2nd place + 11,440,000 participation credits + 73,850,000 DJB participation credits) and a EMP Burst Charge.
- Clan Vizsla: 103,170,000 credits (18,100,000 for 3rd place + 11,220,000 participation credits + 73,850,000 DJB participation credits) and a Advanced Kyber-Powered Shielding.
- Clan Odan-Urr: 101,990,000 credits (17,200,000 for 4th place + 10,940,000 participation credits + 73,850,000 DJB participation credits) and a Kyber-Powered Location Triangulation System.
- Clan Plagueis: 99,310,000 credits (16,400,000 for 5th place + 9,060,000 participation credits + 73,850,000 DJB participation credits) and a Kyber-Powered Bombardment Cannon.
- Clan Scholae Palatinae: 97,950,000 (15,600,000 for 6th place + 8,500,000 participation credits + 73,850,000 DJB participation credits) and a Revenant Minelayer.
- Clan Naga Sadow: 95,360,000 credits (14,900,000 for 7th place + 6,610,000 participation credits + 73,850,000 DJB participation credits) and a Kyber-Tipped Missile System.