Dark Brotherhood Chat Policies
|Dark Jedi Brotherhood|
| This article is part of the series:|
|Dark Councillor Policies|
| Grand Master Policies |
Deputy Grand Master Policies
Master at Arms Policies
Chamber of Justice Policies
|Leadership Position Policies|
| Consul |
|Miscellaneous Position Policies|
| Praetor |
| Nepotism Policy
DB Policy on Races
Restoration of Dossiers
Dark Brotherhood Chat Policies
The following policies help make sure that Brotherhood Chats are kept in line with the Covenant, as well as the general policies for each respective chat. As a general rule, participants and members of chats should adhere to being respectful of other members opinions and beliefs.
A list of Brotherhood Chats can be found on our Brotherhood Chat page
The Dark Brotherhood uses Telegram for its primary communications platform. The main channels run by the Dark Council are:
- DB General Chat . Moderated by the Dark Council. Covers a wide range of topics from star wars news, world news, .
- DB Announcements — Read-only announcement channel for news posts and reports.
- DB Gaming — Official channel for all DB gaming related activities, moderated by the Fist and Fist Staff. Home of the @FistBot for setting up matchmaking.
- DB Art Club — A chat for the discussion and sharing of artwork of all mediums between members of the DB. Moderated by the Herald and Herald Staff.
- DB Fiction Chat — A chat for all things relating to the Fiction Society including fiction competitions, Run-Ons, ACC, and general discussions generated by daily topics and character questions. Moderated by the Voice and Voice Staff.
General Chat Rules
These rules apply to all ‘official’ DB Telegram chats, including the DB General Chat, DB Art Club, DB Gaming, and DB Fiction Chat. Other chats will have additional rules, as listed below.
- Be respectful of your fellow chat participants. If someone tells you to stop or to avoid a topic, be aware and willing to talk about it on the side (PM).
- Anything added to the chat should be appropriate for people as young as 13, as we have many younger members. This means that while you can curse, a repeated string of expletives can lead to reprimand from a moderator.
- Admins are moderators and have the authority to delete comments, ban, or remove a member from a chat. Admins are often the Dark Council or staff members for a Dark Councilor.
- Respect the decision of admins in the chat and reach out privately if there is confusion over the reason for an admin action.
- Avoid spamming a given chat with walls of media (animated gifs, photographs, etc.). There are some really great ways to share photo-albums thanks to sites like imgur and Google Photos.
- Avoid discussion of contentious real life issues, such as religion or politics. If you are unsure, ask first.
- Fund raising for any purpose is prohibited in all official DB chats.
- Rules may change during Vendettas, particularly for chat channels like DB Gaming. Be aware of when major events are ongoing and how this may temporarily alter chat rules.
DB General Chat
The general chat for the Dark Brotherhood. Members are free to share anything from pictures of meet ups with other members, star wars news and information, Brotherhood-wide competitions, computer builds and systems, electronics, news, and any other topic directly or tangentially related to the Brotherhood and its members.
DB Gaming is the official room for all DB gaming related activities. As such, DB Gaming differs from the other telegram rooms in the club in that it is not for general chat. DB Gaming is specifically for members to find people to game with, set up matches, interface with the DJB Fist Bot, discuss supported AND non-supported games, and interact with the Fist and his or her staff. In addition to the general chat rules outlined above, DB Gaming has special rules as detailed below.
- Topics in DB Gaming Chat are restricted to games members are playing or would like to play. You are welcome to discuss non-supported games, sales, hardware upgrades, etc. All other tangiental discussions should occur in DB General Chat.
- This chat is text based only. This includes links. Upon joining DB Gaming, an admin will manually change your posting permissions to “text posts only."
- During large scale events like GJWs and Vendettas, DB Gaming will be restricted to matchmaking posts only. This helps keep the room clear for members to find people to play games with/against.
- While members are encouraged to post links to their streams, repeated solicitation of viewers is not allowed.
- No “console war” posts. PS4 is not better than XBox, or vice versa. Consoles are not better than PCs. Those are opinions. Play on the system you like.
DB Art Club
In addition to the General rules, and the PG-13 rule specifically, art shared must always follow the “Princess Leia” rule of nudity (cannot show more nudity than Princess Leia in Episode 6: Return of the Jedi, i.e. PG-13)
DB Fiction Chat
A place for discussing fanfiction, writing, storytelling and character development for members of the DJB. Please be respectful, stay on topic, and have fun.
- For the daily theme, you can see the calender here
- For more information you can click here .
- In addition to the general chat rules outlined above, DB Fiction Chat has some additional rules rules:
- Stay on topic. While Fiction Chat covers a wide range of topics, including pop culture and media, conversations should stay grounded in the Brotherhood’s fictional society and activities.
- There is no such thing as cliche: all character types and identities are welcome. Members are encouraged to talk about their characters or ideas for them without fear of reproach. Feedback should be constructive by nature and no member should ever feel like they can’t share an idea.
- Gif and Sticker usage are allowed, but all things moderation. Please do not overly spam the chat with gifs and stickers.
Clans maintain the rules and regulations for their respective channels, and the Dark Council is only involved in extreme circumstances related to violations of the Covenant occurring in a chat.