When it's considered an 'event'
- After noticing Raimi's addition to this page, it brings up the following question: Which information should be written on this page under the actual events? I always figured that the lowest level of news you could write was a clan-level event, such as the event of a clan doing a certain important activity or making a particularly important change. I have a feeling that if people could do what Raimi did, we'd have a lot of people writing when they joined and the events section would get cluttered. What are the guidelines here? -- Ronovi, 7 December 2009 8:16 (PST)
- Actual information pertinent to the DB timeline, not just random members joining or leaving(ie. New GM, Systems added, Wars(DB/Clan)) --Phoenix d'Tana, 7 December 2009 11:52am(EST)
- In that case, I think it is safe to say that Raimi's addition should be removed. Vexxtal, the verdict? I figured it's not in my place to edit the page myself. -- Ronovi, 7 December 2009 13:11 (PST)
- In light of interest, I went ahead and removed the event from the page. I did however, leave Aidyn's death. Aidyn Wolfwood 21:28, 7 December 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah, events should be of at least clan level. Character births and deaths are fine under the appropriate headings. --Windos 21:53, 7 December 2009 (UTC)
Going Off Of That
- I removed the mention of clan/house leadership changes on account of the fact that it clutters up the history page. What we really need are essential events in the timeline, and as leadership changes can be quite frequent, I would recommend leaving them to the clan and house news pages on the wiki unless Benevolent states otherwise.
--Ronovi Tavisaen, 25 July 2011 9:15 (UTC)
Suggestion for event - 36 ABY
We mentioned the Horizons here.
We forgot to add a rather large milestone event though.
- In 36 ABY, Macron Goura Sadow created/discovered a cure for “Thren’s Horizon Plague” (THP)/"Bogan's Caress". Meaning, He fictionally cured a supposedly "perfect" bioweapon, created in 25,799 BBY. Even more awesome, THP was created by XoXaan, one of the original 12 fallen jedi that discovered Korriban, enslaved the native Sith Species and set themselves up as gods. XoXaan was also considered to be one of the greatest experts on Dark Side Healing (from which I extrapolate she was also one of the greatest experts on curing and creating Diseases.
Sidenote: I'm rewriting Force Philosophy: Views at the moment and will put a nice segment on THP in there. Just thought a milestone like curing one of the more gruesome SW diseases could be worthy of recognition here.
--Ood Bnar 04:50, 6 June 2013 (MDT)
Because we already mentioned the Horizons crisis in the 36 ABY section and the main Horizons page has been linked, there really is no need to add all that info. Plus, there's a whole Horizon Plague wiki page that has all the info anyone would need on the plague, so it's not necessary to expand on it on what is essentially a timeline page (which is meant to be written on a fairly rudimentary level - timeline pages are not exactly the encyclopedic articles, they just lead to them).
In short: Keep it simple.
--Ronovi Tavisaen, 18:20, 9 June 2013 (MDT)