Difference between revisions of "Fiction Center"
(→Chapter 2: Shifting Gears)
|Line 146:||Line 146:|
==== Epilogue ====
==== Epilogue ====
== Inquisitorius Archive ==
== Inquisitorius Archive ==
Revision as of 22:33, 11 July 2019
Welcome to the Dark Jedi Brotherhood Fiction Center. Here you will find links to the various pages and documents that will help both new and returning members with getting caught up with the Brotherhood's current storyline. You will also find summaries and recaps of previous and current storylines and fiction updates, and person/places of interest data bank.
To get started:
- Dark Brotherhood Canon, which looks to align with Star Wars Canon where possible, is maintained by the Brotherhood Story Group. The story group's objective is to maintain consistency with Brotherhood Lore in respects to narrative plot updates, system features like possessions and character sheets, as well as integration with new material introduced into "nu Canon". The Story Group is headed currently by the Grand Master and Deputy Grand Master.
- The Brotherhoods home rests in the Arx System. (Antei was destroyed and the Dark Council relocated).
- To learn more about the Fiction Society, check out the Inquisitorius page on the Wiki.
- To expand your knowledge on the Brotherhood's fiction systems, check out the Fiction Resources. This includes links to resources and documentation that covers the Character Sheet System, Competition Guidelines, Telegram Fiction Chat, a catalog of previous Voice and Combat Master Reports, and answers to the most frequently asked questions.
- To join the ongoing discussion on original characters and fiction, check out our Fiction Chat channel on Telegram.
- The current DB fictional year is 38 ABY.
- To get caught up on the latest brotherhood storyline, check out the fiction updates below. The Dark Crusade is the beginning of the contemporary storyline, so we begin there.
- To see the different arcs, see the Fiction Updates: Story Arcs.
|37 ABY||Brotherhood Rising|| Prelude|
Chapter 1: The Severian Principate
Interlude:Care of Creatures
Chapter 2: Shifting Gears
Current Storyline: Fictional Recap
- " A decisive blow has been struck in the ongoing battle between the Brotherhood and the Collective. With the death of the Technocratic Guild leader known as Daggo Mouk—and the loss of Meridian Space Station—the Collective have scaled back their harassment of the Brotherhood. We harbor no illusions that Rath Oligard and his followers would ever abandon their cause to rid the Galaxy of Force Users, but their withdrawal has given the Dark Council some much needed breathing room to reinforce their hold on their respective territories. Of course, nothing is ever that simple.
The continued conflicts with the Collective—combined with meeting the material needs of the Dark Council's new home world, fleet, and personnel—has stretched the Regent's finances thin. In response, Arx Capital Exchange launched a new business venture to monetize the research, hunting, transportation, and care of rare and exotic beasts from Tooka’s to Rancor’s. While the business venture has spurred a spike in commerce in the Brotherhood's favors, creature trade and entertainment cannot provide new shipyards or consumable resources to fuel a fleet.
That's where the latest advanced scouting reports comes in to make things interesting. According to Meridian Station operators, a new faction has made its presence known in Hutt space. They call themselves the Severian Principate, an Imperial remnant group that seems to represent the opposite of the more radical ideology of the First Order or even the Collective. This group has the potential to be the trade partner and ally the Brotherhood desperately needs. They could also become yet another threat for us to face.
Like I said, nothing is ever that simple."
- ―Ness'arin Ohnaka, Director of the Inquisitorius 37 ABY
With the crushing loss of Technocratic Guild leader Daggo Mouk—and the subsequent seizing of Meridian Station—the Brotherhood has forced Rath Oligard to reconsider his strategies against the Brotherhood. The mastermind behind the Collective had not predicated a demonstration of unity—frail as it might have been—between the disparate and often volatile clans and the Dark Council. Oligard realized that different strategies would be needed to accomplish his goals.
Meanwhile, with the Collective now in recession, the Brotherhood has begun to raise its head as a power to be recognized and respected within the Unknown Regions. Thanks to the resources provided by their home planet, Arx, the Dark Council continues to expand trade and commerce while establishing loose order with the Clans.
No success comes without its risks, of course. Tensions still run high between the Dark Council and the Clans, and reports indicate that there might be more than just the Collective that could be lurking in the shadows to challenge the Brotherhood...
- Archenskov, as the new Combat Master, takes stock of the Combat Training Center facilities.
- Nearby, at the Shadow Academy, we are introduced the Acquisitions wing where artifacts and relics brought back from expeditions are checked in for processing.
- Vera Wright, an ACE pilot who was injured in a bout with the Collective prior to the attack on Meridian, is fully recovered and back to escorting Shadow Academy agents on shipping routes. With the Collective pulled back, for now, the routes have been much safer. Members voted on a #VeraLives vs #VeraDies newspost thread and the former won out.
- Vance Kordall, previously a captive of the Collective after hunting down an artifact in the Kessel Sector, is also looking to be recovered and back on the job.
- Vera and Vance meet TC-42, a protocol droid tasked with monitoring incoming deliveries for the Shadow Academy Society.
- Vance mentions finding a rare journal belonging to Veris Hydan, a man who worked with Emperor Palpatine during the early days of the Rebellion and was obsessed with the “World beyond worlds” that could lead to such things as time travel.
- He asks to speak to Madame Curator Deandria Clery — the master archivist for the Brotherhood. Kind of like the DB’s version of Jocsta Nu.
- Vance gets rejected at the open net by Vera. Swallow sadness.
- Meanwhile,Evant and Marick are looking over reports in the Voice’s office nested within the Dark Ascent.
- Marick is “pacing”, frustrated and concerned in his own way that the Collective have been so quiet since Meridian.
- Evant says that it’s probably a good thing and recaps a bit of what happened as a result of Meridian (the last RoS).
- Meridian was handed over to the Clans, but is also serving as a Inquisitorius outpost. It was damaged, so repairs are still being worked on.
- Evant is happy that trade routes seem to be safer now, since the CEO of ACE is being slightly less annoying about profits.
- Marick notices something in the reports from Meridian. Captain Crimson, the poster mascot for the Liberation Front (Collective pillar) is meeting with an unknown third party.
- Neither Evant or Marick have heard about something called the “Sevarian Principate”.
- To be continued...
Chapter 1: The Severian Principate
- Iden Sult, MajorDomo of the Shroud Syndicate oversees the expansion of illegal animal trade on the Godless Matron and comes across valuable data on the Collective.
- On Meridian Prime, the identity of the Severian Principate and its home within the Kastolar Sector is discussed by Qaanlug Vlux and Damien Blackadder- agents of the Arx Capital Exchange and Shroud Syndicate, respectively.
- Director Ness’arin Ohnaka gives the Inquisitorious’ seal of approval to allow ACE and Shroud merchants and traders to forge contacts and open business transactions with the Severian Principate in order to marginalize the Collective’s influence within the breakaway Imperial polity.
- The Regent and Rhent Ghosan discuss the depleting financial assets of the Brotherhood and the impact of the war with the Collective. A possible solution takes shape requiring the efforts of the Shroud Syndicate, the Arx Capital Exchange, and the Inquisitorious deep within the Severian Principate.
Interlude: Care of Creatures
- Within the Eld, the massive nature preserve within the Elos Vrai continent of Arx, poachers hunt the Arx wolves for their lucrative pelts.
- The huntress Neta’var Vask teaches a painful lesson to two poachers, as the Voice and Regent look on, delivering the last remaining pair of Cythraul within the galaxy to her care. A deal is made – the Eld will remain a protected preserve and a breeding ground for the Cythraul.
- The Corrino Research Laboratory is completed on Uskil, Arx. The vast complex is serving its purpose as a menagerie for the study, training, and breeding of multitudes of exotic, valuable, and rare creatures.
- Nearby, in the Colosseum the inaugural games pitting ferocious beasts against each other to entertain the denizens of Arx ensue. The years of effort and investment for the Arx Capital Exchange has finally provided dividends as ticket sales to watch the violent blood sport skyrockets.
Chapter 2: Shifting Gears
- Dacien (Bubba), Howlader, Selika, join Seraphol for a drink on the Shadow Academy platform orbiting Arx, discussing the addition of Clan Vizsla to the Brotherhood’s ranks.
- Dacien is optimistic, Selika has her doubts, and Howie is annoyed he has to learn new names and do more paperwork.
- Meanwhile, Evant has been called to the Throne Room to meet with the Grand Master...in private.
- Grand Master Telaris tells Evant that Morgan is being sent away on a top secret mission of importance to the Brotherhood. This leaves him with needing a right-hand man.
- Evant is offered Deputy Grand Master. At first he is shocked, having been content with Regent, but then agrees on the spot.
- Evant is told that he leaves right away with a group of representatives from each of the Clans to go on a diplomatic meeting with The Severian Principate
- Evant sasses the GM and throws shade at Morgan running off. Telaris is not amused and dismissed Evant to go get to work.
- In the Mid Rim sector of Kastolar, we get our first look at The Severin Principates headquarters on the planet *Sirmium*.
- It’s an oceanic world with a flat landing platform that lowers into a secret underwater Imperial mansion.
- We are introduced to the Triumvirate of The Severian Principate
- They talk amongst each other, and we get an idea of how the three think of/respect one another. Adlez, Twi’lek, is the older, wisened one. Vairya, Human, is younger and more cheerfully optimistic. Kamlin, Mirilan, is more reserved and pragmatic.
- All three women have earned their place atop this organization and should not be trifled with.
- Aemilius Crassus, Pwimtar Takrid, Harvey Daley are the three emissaries chosen to represent the Severian Principate in meeting with the Brotherhood.
- Aemilius is a Munn, Pwimtar a Quarren, and Harvey a human. #diversity
- The Triumvirate gives a briefing on what they know of the Brotherhood. Keep in mind, this is their perspective of what *they* know of *us*. They do not know the finer details of the DC’s relation with each unit or the drama’s therein.
- The Principate assumes that Morgan Sorrenn is going to be the Deputy Grand Master that they are meeting.
- Little do they know that instead of a Pirate Queen, they are getting Darth Logistics (Evant).
- Meanwhile, back on Arx, Atra is told by Telaris that he is now in charge of all the clubs finances, trade, and commerce as the new Regent.
- Telaris reveals that Dracryis has also stepped down as Fist. That said, one does not simply walk away from that kind of role/responsibility. Telaris makes him a Praetor to keep an eye on him.
- The new Fist is revealed to Alaris Jinn.
- Alaris is met by Voice Marick Tyris. The two exchange polite nods.
- Alaris is to report to Lena Rhell (head of the Navy) and Damon Nix (head of the ground forces and personnel) to get caught up to speed on being Fist.
- Marick apparently does not seem to appreciate Turbolift shafts.
- Alaris is ready to play the game of thrones.
Official Fiction Updates for both the Dark Jedi Brotherhood and the independent Clans can be found here in the Inquisitorius Fiction Archives.
To check out the Dark Jedi Brotherhood Comics that were made click here!
Databank: Brotherhood Universe
The following data bank provides a quick reference to information about persons, locations, and organizations of interest that show up in the Dark Brotherhood storyline.
|The Collective||The Collective is a powerful organization that has chosen the recent events of the conflict between the Brotherhood’s Resistance and the Iron Throne to make its presence and purpose known.|
|The Severian Principate||The Severian Principate is a rare Imperial Warlord state which not only endured but thrived following the Empire’s collapse. Originally a network of mining worlds and orbital facilities in the Kastolar Sector, it existed to fuel the Empire’s war machine. This changed with the governorship of Lucian Niatinus, a commander disillusioned with the Emperor’s self-destructive policies. Devoted to improving the lives of his citizens and secretly allying with the smugglers and pirates from the nearby Hutt Space, he sought to create an ordered state free of the tyranny which inspired the Rebellion.|
|The Dark Council||The Dark Council serves the Grand Master of the Brotherhood, and governs the various elements of the Dark Jedi Brotherhood.|
|130px||The Seven Clans|| The seven Clans of the Dark Jedi Brotherhood all hold different motivations and personalities.
A member of each respective unit is referred to in the following manner:
Former members of Clan Tarentum identify as Tarenti.
|Iron Forces||The Iron Forces are divided into two divisions: The Iron Navy, and the Iron Legion.|
|Arx Capital Exchange||The Arx Capital Exchange, or ACE, is the financial and industrial apparatus of the Arx System and the Dark Council as a whole.|
|Inquisitorius||The Inquisitorius are the Grand Master’s covert network of agents. They represent the Brotherhood's strength outside of the Iron Legion and Iron Fleet. While not all that are enrolled are aligned with the Grand Master’s visions, many compete for favor and to rise in the rankings. The Society offers various awards and incentives and is headed by the Voice of the Brotherhood.|
|Shroud Syndicate||The Shroud Syndicate is the premiere criminal organization operating in Dark Brotherhood space. It involves many smaller gangs, crews, and criminal combines within its area of operation, it is lead by the Herald, and operates from the Shroud Nebula where their massive ship, the Godless Matron, makes berth. The organization is involved in almost every major black market deal that happens in Dark Brotherhood space.|
|Arx System||The Arx System is located in the depths of Wild Space, far away from the core worlds and isolated from the galaxy at large. The planet Arx — or more commonly simply called "Arx" — now serves as the current seat of power for the Dark Brotherhood.|
|Outer Rim Territories||The Outer Rim Territories, also known as the Outer Rim or Outer Systems, was a sparsely populated region of the galaxy located outside the Mid Rim before Wild Space and the Unknown Regions. The largest region in the galaxy, it was home to diverse worlds and rugged, primitive frontier planets. It is here that the bulk of the Brotherhood’s storyline evolves.|
|Antei||The former home system and planet of the Dark Brotherhood. Destroyed by former Grand Master Muz Ashen in a destructive ritual to gain immortality.|
|PERSONS OF INTEREST|
|The Grand Master occupies the The Iron Throne, which is the seat of power for the Dark Brotherhood. They control the Dark Council, as well as the combined Iron Forces|
| Evant Taelyan
Deputy Grand Master
|Evant has long worked to carry out the vision of the Brotherhood and Grand Master, and is constantly active in establishing networks and organizations to further those goals. This has earned him a high level of trust with the Grand Master and Dark Council, furthering his level of responsibility influence. Evant is brash, egotistical and absolutely loyal to the Dark Council.|
|130px|| Dracaryis Sunstrider
Fist of the Brotherhood
|Supreme Commander of the Iron Legion and Navy, head of the Grand Master's Royal Guard.|
|130px|| Marick Tyris
Voice of the Brotherhood
|After going undercover within the Collective ranks, Marick has returned to Arx to continue to lead and direct the Inquisitorius. The Master Assassin continues bring a heightened level of efficiency to the office but faces everyday challenges as both an administrator and bureaucrat, especially when dealing with his former home Clan who still have not forgotten what he did.|
| Selika Roh
Herald of the Brotherhood
|Head of diplomatic relationships between the Clans of the Brotherhood, and leader of the Shroud Syndicate.|
| James Lucius Entar
Seneschal of the Brotherhood
|The enigmatically eccentric, ever endearing Seneschal heads up the Brotherhood’s Research and Development and also maintains sovereignty over cyber security thanks to his unique artificial intelligence, Construct dbb0t. James has a penchant for riddles and rarely involves himself in political matters, claiming to serve the Brotherhood and the Galaxy at large. He is most often left to his own devices out of both respect and fear.|
| Daniel Stephens
Headmaster of the Brotherhood
|The Master Archivist overseeing the Shadow Academy and all of its secrets.|
| Dacien Victae
Justicar of the Brotherhood
|The new Justicar replacing Jac Cotelin.|
Master at Arms
|Howlader is rarely seen in his office, but his work always seems to get done. Overseeing the ceremony and record keeping of the Brotherhood’s dossiers, Howlader’s allegiance seems to be more to the position he holds than to any one leader or even his home unit.|
| Atra Ventus
Praetor to the Grand Master
|The former Combat Master now serves as Grand Master Telaris' Praetor.|
| Damon Nix
|The enigmatic strategist behind the Iron Legion looks to ensure that Pravus’ plans proceed as intended. A master of subterfuge and deception, the man who had previously lead the Dark Crusades by posing as the mysterious Darth Esoteric is one of the most dangerous Sith in the Brotherhood for his unpredictable methods and lethal cunning.|
| Lena Rhell
|The leader of the Iron Navy, Rhell serves as the Fist's chief advisor on naval warfare and strategy. In a dual role as a Moff, she is also tasked with the operation and defense of the Arx System.|
| Morgan Sorenn
Former Herald and Deputy Grand Master
|Starship captain, pirate, mercenary, and crime boss currently serving the Grand Master of the Dark Brotherhood. She is a Nar Shaddaan by birth, spacer by choice and mercenary by necessity who leads a life devoid of restrictions or bylaws. The only loyalty she holds is the one that is earned, and not many deserve that privilege.|
| Darth Pravus
|Former Grand Master of the Brotherhood and architect of the “New Order”. Manipulative, cunning, and utterly dedicated to his vision of a clean, pure, and efficient Brotherhood.|